If your company retains any of the following certifications please complete the Supplier Diversity Certification Form (PDF) and send all applicable certifications to or contact me at 317-278-5384.
- Women-owned small business (WBE) – A small business of which at least 51% (or at least 51% of the stock) is owned by one or more women; and the daily business is controlled by one or more women.
- Minority-owned small business (MBE) – A small business of which at least 51% (or at least 51% of the stock) is owned, operated and controlled by one or more United States citizens who are members of the following racial groups: African-American, Asian-American, Hispanic-American and Native-American.
- Disadvantage Business Enterprise (DBE) – A firm must be a small business owned and controlled by socially- and economically-disadvantaged individuals. Certifiers make the determinations based upon on-site visits, personal interviews, reviews of licenses, stock ownership, equipment, bonding capacity, work completed, resume of principal owners and financial capacity.
- HubZone Small Business – A HubZone Small Business must be located in a "historically underutilized business zone" or HUBZone and be owned and controlled by one or more US citizens; additionally at least 35% of its employees must reside in a HUBZone.
- 8(a) Small Business – A small business that is at least 51% owned and controlled by a socially- and economically-disadvantaged individual or individuals who are of good character and citizens of the United States. The individual's net worth, after excluding the individual's equity in the firm and the equity in the primary residence, may not exceed $250,000.
If your company is owned by a veteran or service disabled veteran please submit a DD214 or some form of military I.D. as proof to or contact me at 317-278-5384
- Veteran-owned small business (VOSB) – At least 51% of the business must be owned (or 51% of the stock) by one or more veterans, and the daily business operations of the business are controlled by one or more veterans.
- Service Disabled Veteran-owned Small Business (SDVOSB) – A SDVB must be at least 51 % owned or controlled by one or more American Veteran(s) with service-connected physical or mental impairments.
NOTE: Please be aware that a company owner can self-certify as a Small Business should that company meet the SBA criteria for a small business.
- Small Business – The legal definition of a small business is determined by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Title 13, Part 121 of the Code of Federal Regulations sets forth in detail the criteria to be used by the SBA in making small business determinations. Examples of these criteria include the number of workers employed by a business, annual receipts, size standards on an industry-by-industry basis and the nature of the any relationships with affiliates. By signing the Supplier Diversity Certification Form (PDF) you are self certifying that you have reviewed the SBA criteria for a small business and your company meets those criteria.
Contacts for Certification
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
State of Indiana - Minority & Women’s Business Enterprises
- Amy Wolf
- Deputy Director of Certifications and Operations
City of Indianapolis
- Business Enterprise Office
MSMSDC - Mid-States Minority Supplier Development Council (For MBE's Only)
Women’s Business Enterprise Council (WBENC) (For Women Only)
- Meechelle Parker
INDOT - Indiana Department of Transportation
- Kimberly Sons